On Field Emergency Management - Dr Michael Jamieson - 79 mins
In this fantastic presentation - former Australian Wallabies Sports Physician - Dr Michael Jamieson - explains the essentials of onfield emergency medical injury management - including discussion of fractures, dislocations, bleeding, asthma, diabetes and spinal injury care.
This session is essential viewing for all personal trainers and any health professional involved in active exercise prescription.
Here is just some of the content from Michael's lecture:
- The fracture that can lead to the onset of shock and present a medical emergency
- The little known benefits of mouthguards and it is not only about protecting the teeth
- How to protect one of our most vulnerable body parts and the onfield surgery that saved the life of one AFL player
- The facts about heat injury and who is most at risk
- The best way to control heat loss and the rules you must follow to reduce your legal risk
- The strategy used by Michael when he was the medical director for the St George Illawarra Dragons to reduce the risk of heat injury in games and at training
- The truth about compression garments role in improving performance and the risks these materials present to many players.
- How anti inflammatory medication can increase the risk of thermal injury and how to prevent it
- The 2 ways to detect a mechanically swollen joint compared to an infected swollen joint and how most sports trainers miss this condition
- How failing to manage the epileptic player can lead to significant brain injury
- The number one thing that all trainers must do in the case of injury
- The facts about shoulder dislocation and why these injuries are on the increase
- What not to do when a player dislocates their patella (proven by a Sydney Swans player) and the easiest way to relocate it.
- How to successfully manage suspected spinal injuries and the most dangerous thing a trainer to can to this player.
- The critical factor that points to a significant neck and spinal injury
Plus much more.Get immediate access to this session and over other incredible content from some of the world’s leading health and fitness experts by joining today.
About Dr Michael Jamieson
Dr Michael Jamieson is one of Australia’s leading Sports Physicians and injury management experts.
He has been heavily involved in sports injury coverage in Australia being the former medical director for the Australian Wallabies Rugby Union Team and the St George Illawarra Dragons in the National Rugby League.
He is currently the director of Sports Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation – a rapidly growing company working with heavy industry and the mining sector to manage and reduce the impact of industrial injuries.You can contact Michael and find out more about S.O.A.R. at www.soar.com.au
Get 15 CECs from Fitness Australia for ONLY AUS $69
|Cancel Anytime - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee|