The Medical Management of Tendon Pathologies - Dr Corey Cunningham (69 mins)
In this fantastic presentation – well known Australian Sports Physician – Dr Corey Cunningham – outlines and describes the medical interventions all health professionals must know – when diagnosing, treating and rehabilitating tendon injuries.
This session is excellent for all health professionals wanting to increase their knowledge of tendon injury management – including imaging options, injections, nutritional aspects and manual therapy options.
All Physiotherapists, Allied Health Professionals and sports trainers will benefit from this presentation.
This presentation includes:
- The essential questions you must ask when treating tendon pathology.
- The alternative diagnosis not to be missed in tendon management.
- The images that need to be done and when - including MRI, Plain X-Ray and Ultrasound – and what to look for on these scans.
- How to determine if a symptom is relevant and/or important in tendon pathology.
- The truth about calcaneal spurs and when to be concerned as a therapist.
- The best imaging method available for assessing cartilage injury.
- The 3 main medical treatment options for tendinopathies and an overview of many other alternative treatment options – do you know the latest options?
- Which anti-inflammatory will give the best results in tendon pathology – and when to use each of these – if at all.
- The best medication for pre training and pre game pain management but not for long term use.
- When and why to recommend cortisone injections and when to avoid their use in athletes.
- The truth about tendon rupture and cortisone injection and how to reduce the risk of tendon damage.
- The best medical management for heel pain – and when this method is not effective.
- The one body part where a one off cortisone injection can be useful and when not to do a second injection.
- Explanation of PRP injection use in tendon injury management – why, how and when to use this treatment option.
- What the cosmetic industry can teach us about tendon pathology and treatment.
- The treatment program used in European football for over 30 years but only just started to be used in other countries.
- Why PRP injections are also being used for joint pathology and why.
- What the Australian Sailing team physio is recommending their athletes drink to reduce tendon pain and pathology.
- How the Australian Institute of Sport medical team are managing tendon problems.
- How to help your clients make the best decisions regarding injury management and pathology.
- The SIJ treatment method that can effectively reduce pain and increase function.
- How and when to use nitrate patches to help manage tendon pain – and the main side effect to be aware of.
- The new treatment modality that can only be done at lunchtimes and late Friday afternoons so as not to upset the other patients – this is a brutal treatment method – but highly effective.
- When to consider surgery and for which specific body parts.
- The “magic number” that indicates surgery is required in shoulder tendon pathology.
- Why delaying surgery in some body parts can be counterproductive to a successful outcome.
- How to determine and understand “full thickness” versus a “partial thickness” tear of the rotator cuff – and what this means regarding surgery.
- The hand injury that you only have 7-10 days to identify before it becomes permanent.
Plus Much More
Get immediate access to this session and over 60 hours of other incredible content from some of the world’s leading health and fitness experts by joining thePTProfessor.com TODAY.
About Dr Corey Cunningham
Dr Corey Cunningham is a fellow of the Australasian College of Sports Physicians (ACSP), having completed specialty training in Sports and Exercise Medicine.
He graduated from UNSW in 1993, is a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, completed a postgraduate Masters in Sports Medicine at the University of NSW and has worked in Sydney, Darwin and at the Australian Institute of Sport.
Dr Cunningham’s experience includes working with elite teams across a range of sports, including rugby, soccer, rugby league, netball, rowing and golf. He was appointed Medical Director for NSWIS in November 2012, having been an accredited provider for the NSWIS medical program for many years. Dr Cunningham has presented at professional conferences as well as to community groups of teachers and sports medicine personnel.
He currently works with Australian Rugby, Gold Coast Titans, NSW Rugby, Rowing Australia, Australian Sailing Team, NSW Institute of Sport and The King’s School.
Corey currently consults at Hills Sports Medicine in Bella Vista – North Western Sydney.
You can contact Dr Cunningham using the link below:
Phone: (02) 9899 2833
email : email@example.com
Suite 209 Norwest Central
10 Century Circuit
Bella Vista NSW 2153
Get 15 CECs from Fitness Australia for ONLY AUS $69
|Cancel Anytime - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee|