Are you a health professional involved in exercise prescription
and rehabilitation of athletes?
Do you treat or work with Rugby Players or other athletes and want
to know “What Works” for size, speed and strength development?
Do you want to know the training secrets used by one of the world’s leading authorities in Rugby conditioning?
In April this year one of my resistance training gurus, former New Zealand All Black
and Canterbury Crusader Strength and Conditioning Coach – Ashley
Jones – presented an incredible seminar in Sydney titled:
“Building the Physically Dominant Rugby Player”
If you are a member of PhysioProfessor.com
or thePTProfessor.com just log into the system and you will see
this new lecture is the featured presentation in this month’s program.
If you are a Physiotherapist or Allied Health Professional and not yet a member go to www.PhysioProfessor.com and join now to get immediate access to this session as well as another 60 hours of great online content.
If you are a Personal Trainer – you can also get immediate access to this session as
a member of my new thePTProfessor.com program.
In this program you will also get access to over 60 hours of online education, 15 CEC’s, and a PT Rehab forum where you can ask your most pressing rehabilitation and injury prevention questions.
Full details and registrations for thePTProfessor.com can be made at :
Here is just some of what you will learn in the latest seminar from Ashley Jones:
“Building the Physically Dominant Rugby Player”
– How to catapult your players to a new level of performance with the exact “3 Phase” approach Ashley used to take the Crusaders to Super Rugby domination.
– The “4 Decision Making Systems”used to increase player confidence and performance at training.
– How to use the “High Mobility Circuit” developed at the University of Nebraska
to improve player performance and reduce injury rates.
– How to use a functional warm-up sequence to identify structural flaws in player’s joint range and skill level.
– Why many training drills make your players easy targets for astute rival coaches and the change you need to make in your programs now to prevent this from happening.
– The key indicator used by one Australian Rugby franchise to assess lower body power and strength.
– How to modify the standard Bent Over Row to make it more effective for players at the breakdown.
– Why traditional periodization programs don’t work in contact sport and are not why most programs are not worth the paper they are printed on.
– The single most important question all trainers must ask their players before commencing any training session – do you know it?
– Ashley’s famous “Speed/Power Combo Program” and how it revolutionised the
training programs at the Crusaders
– How over-speed, bungy, and hill training can actually decrease your players speed and performance.
– Exactly “What Works” for maximal strength, size and cardio vascular fitness for the modern rugby player – do you know?
– The truth about core strength and footballers -and why many exercises are not needed and are even counterproductive to good core control.
– The simple test used to determine player burnout and fatigue – are you using it?
– How a test level forward has not been able to do “Back Squats” for 8 years but still maintain his lower body strength and power.
– Where to find exceptional training resources and programs online – guaranteed to increase your player’s performance.
– The non running based training program that gave phenomenal
VO2 max gain to the players and the breathing method that contributed to it.
– Why Ashley’s “Beastly Circuits” will be in every rugby conditioning program he writes for the next 20 years and how you can use them today in your programs
– The only accurate predictor of player injury and how strength and conditioning coaches haveactually increased injury rates in the Rugby codes.
– The secret training methods used by Soviet throwers that can be used to help Rugby players increase rotational strength and stability.
– The truth about altitude training for Rugby players and how to determine the athletes that will get the most benefit from this training method.
Plus Much MORE:
If you are a member of PhysioProfessor.com just log into the system and you will see this new lecture is the featured presentation in this month’s program.
If you are a Physiotherapist or Allied Health Professional and are not yet a member of this program go to www.PhysioProfessor.com join now to get immediate
access to this session as well as another 60 hours of great online content.
If you are a Personal Trainer – you can get immediate access to this session as a
member of my new thePTProfessor.com program – where you will also receive over 60 hours of online education, 15 CEC’s ( Australian PTs only), and a PT Rehab forum where you can ask your most pressing rehabilitation and injury prevention
Full details and registrations can be found at :